Canadian Wireless Phone Customers Top 19 Million

Record-breaking third quarter sees a half-million new subscribers

OTTAWA – November 14, 2007 – The Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA) today announced that wireless phone customers in Canada numbered 19.3 million as at September 30, 2007. In the third quarter of the year, wireless service providers reported the addition of approximately 523,000 new subscribers, which marks the first time that net new customer additions exceeded a half-million subscribers outside of a fourth quarter.

Following the record-breaking third quarter, Canada’s national wireless penetration rate has surpassed 60%. Recent CWTA research estimates wireless penetration in major urban centres has exceeded 70%, with some greater metropolitan areas approaching the 80% mark. Approximately 80% of all wireless phone customers are on postpaid plans, with the remaining 20% opting for prepaid service.

“Canadians remain among the world’s highest users of wireless voice services at an average of 400 minutes per month,” said CWTA President & CEO Peter Barnes. “As well, the strong customer growth the industry continues to experience is directly mirrored by Canadians’ rapid adoption of wireless data services such as text messaging, e-mail, mobile Web browsing and a vast array of multimedia entertainment content.”

Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA)
CWTA is the authority on wireless issues, developments and trends in Canada. It represents cellular, PCS, messaging, mobile radio, fixed wireless and mobile satellite carriers as well as companies that develop and produce products and services for the industry. Visit the Association’s Web site at www.cwta.ca

– 30 –

For more information, contact:
Marc Choma
CWTA
613-233-4888 ext. 207
mchoma@cwta.ca

This news release contains forward-looking statements which represent CWTA’s best judgment as to what may occur in the future. However, actual outcome and results are not guaranteed and are subject to certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions, and may differ from what is expressed.